From 2003-2004, FOS conducted an evaluation of the Parks in Peril (PiP) Program, an effort by the US Agency for International Development and The Nature Conservancy to safeguard the most imperiled natural ecosystems, communities, and species in the Latin America and Caribbean region. The purpose of the evaluation was to analyze the effectiveness of PiP’s site-based work and determine the outcomes of its multi-site strategies and alliances. This led to a series of recommendations designed to improve PiP’s implementation in the future – many of which were implemented within months of completing the evaluation.
- OS Self-Paced Tutorial on
- Designing Monitoring and Evaluation Approaches: An FOS How-To Guide on
- Using Results Chains to Improve Strategy Effectiveness: An FOS How-To Guide on
- Design Alternatives for Evaluating the Impact of Conservation Projects on
- Integrating development with conservation: A means to a conservation end, or a mean end to conservation? on