The Wadden Sea is the largest intertidal mudflat system in the world – a system under heavy pressure from bottom-trawling and coastal defense structures for decades. In 2020, the Dutch government launched a program in which government agencies, non-governmental organizations and business representatives are working together to restore the ecosystem and create a participatory governance structure. FOS has been instrumental in helping these diverse stakeholders collaborate to develop a solid strategic plan and, over time, implement it, monitor its success, learn, and adapt – key steps in the adaptive management process.
- OS Self-Paced Tutorial on
- Designing Monitoring and Evaluation Approaches: An FOS How-To Guide on
- Using Results Chains to Improve Strategy Effectiveness: An FOS How-To Guide on
- Design Alternatives for Evaluating the Impact of Conservation Projects on
- Integrating development with conservation: A means to a conservation end, or a mean end to conservation? on