Bonnie has spent her career leading the finance and operations of nonprofit organizations whose missions align with her passions. Currently, she is the Chief Operating Officer at Organization for Tropical Studies, working to sustain tropical ecosystems. Previously, she served as Chief Financial Officer for the Grameen Foundation, which uses technology to strengthen resilience and food security, increase incomes, enhance health, and build financial security. She helped launch Mothers Out Front, working first as Managing Director and now as Treasurer to build a national movement of mothers calling for action on climate change. From 2007 to 2014, Bonnie served as Senior Vice President of Finance & Operations at Root Capital, an agricultural impact investor that grows rural prosperity in poor, environmentally vulnerable places in Africa and Latin America. Prior to Root Capital, she served as Vice President of Finance for Conservation International and Director of Finance for Georgetown University’s Center for Intercultural Education and Development. Currently, she serves on the board of Mothers Out Front, JRS Biodiversity Foundation and Foundations of Success. She is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and holds a B.A. in business from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- OS Self-Paced Tutorial on
- Designing Monitoring and Evaluation Approaches: An FOS How-To Guide on
- Using Results Chains to Improve Strategy Effectiveness: An FOS How-To Guide on
- Design Alternatives for Evaluating the Impact of Conservation Projects on
- Integrating development with conservation: A means to a conservation end, or a mean end to conservation? on